Cron and WinAT Replacement Software – ORSYP UniJob
Reduce cost of operations while increasing quality of service
ORSYP UniJob centralizes management and control of scheduling activity typically executed manually or controlled by cron & Windows Task Scheduler whether deployed on physical, virtual or cloud infrastructure.
The rapid deployment that virtualization and cloud technologies provide means that manual operation is no longer possible and the use of operating system schedulers is costly and an incomplete solution.
- Single point of control for all workloads
- Proactive management reduces problem resolution times
- Self service allowing users to manage their own processes
UniJob provides immediate central visibility of scheduled activity with real-time control which enables improved response to issues, increased agility to business demands, compliance with IT Audit requirements and reduced cost of operation.
It seamlessly integrates with ORSYP Dollar Universe for more complex automation needs.
Extra agility with end-user self-service
- Secure publishing of workload for user execution or monitoring enables extra flexibility
Audit for regulatory compliance
- Reporting that proves what executed, when, with which credentials and who made what changes
Reduce supervision costs
- Centralized management increases operator efficiency and responsiveness to issues
Enhance security and reduce error
- No access to servers or manual commands removes potential for errors
Slash time to repair
- Real-time notification with comprehensive information significantly reduces time to recover
Reduce operational risk
- Standardizing control of jobs and removing the need for access servers reduces IT risk.
Immediate control of all workload
- Expose hidden operating system schedules and manual tasks for instant visibility of all activity
- Up and running in minutes, from day one you will have consolidated, standardized, and centralized your IT infrastructure jobs. Unijob excels at cron consolidation.
Import cron & Windows Tasks
- Secure import of existing cron and Windows jobs incorporating a rollback facility
Centralized task management
- Apply configuration changes, software patches and upgrades centrally
- Deploy your defined standard processing for any server type
Advanced planning and scheduling rules
- Calendar and exception rules make scheduling easy while simulation helps you know when it will run
Real-time job monitoring and analysis
- Daily checks can be performed in minutes as all information is in one place
Exception handling and notifications
- Sophisticated error detection and alerting enables notification via e-mail, SNMP and supervision tools
- View your estate on one screen, with full drill down capability
- Standard reports provided to prove audit and quality of service delivered
Instant Real-time view of
scheduled jobs, scheduled,
executing or completed, includes
ability to run or re-run jobs
with direct access to job logs.
Dashboard monitoring of entire
IT estate with drilldown for
UniJob enables immediate import
of all your CRON or Windows Task
Creation of jobs with advanced
scheduling rules, beyond just time,
day of week or date.
ORSYP provides UniJob on the following operating systems:
- IBM AIX
- HP UX (Risc & Itanium)
- Redhat Enterprise Linux (x86, x64 & Itanium)
- SuSe Linux Enterprise Server (x86, x64 & Itanium)
- Solaris (Sparc & Intel)